UPCOMING 2020 EVENTS!
NOTE: DUE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19, ALL SCHEDULED EVENTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED INDEFINITELY. FOR UPDATES, REFER TO THE OFFICIAL MNWR WEBSITE OR THE MNWR FACEBOOK PAGE. THE REFUGE IS CURRENTLY OPEN NORMAL HOURS. HOWEVER, THE OFFICE, VISITOR CENTER AND ALL RESTOOMS ARE CLOSED INDEFINITELY>
- January 1 – Christmas Bird Count: Bird inventory of the refuge starts at 7:30 AM at the Visitor Center. Everyone Welcome. Stay as long as you want. Free soup lunch provided
- February 1 – A Celebration of Cranes. Features guided and self-guided tours. Fun activities for the kids.
- March 14 – Wetlands Day
- March/April – Indiana Master Naturalist Class: Every Wednesday evening in March with the last class in April. All classes from 6 – 9:30 PM. Sessions on birds, plants, geology, wetlands and many other natural history topics. Great learning experience for adults – all for a small fee!
- April 18 – Earth Day Clean Up/Celebration of Pollinators Bring the family and join us to take part in cleaning up the Refuge and celebrating the importance of providing spaces for the pollinators
- May 9 – Wings Over Muscatatuck Bird Festival: A full day of guided bird tours, bird and nature walks, bird banding, live birds of prey programs, birdhouse building, kids activities, bird calling contest & the Duck Stamp Awards Ceremony.
- June 6 – Take a Kid Fishing Day: 9 AM – Noon. Meet at the Visitor Center. Lots of fun fishing activities for the youngsters that includes fishing lessons, loaner equipment and free lunch
- July 25 – Butterfly Count: Volunteers will help conduct a ‘butterfly inventory’ of the Refuge starting at 9:30 AM at the Visitor Center
- September 26 – National Public Lands Day Workday: Workday for volunteers of all ages and abilities to help improve the Refuge. Starts st the Visitor Center at 9 AM.
- October 11 – Big Sit Bird Count: Join volunteers spotting birds from the Endicott Observation Deck. Goes from dawn to dark. Arrive/leave as desired.
- October 11-17 – National Wildlife Refuge Week: The normally closed areas of the Refuge are opened for visitation and observation.
Nature Time Program for Preschoolers – Second Wednesday of the month from 9:30 to 11AM at the Visitor Center. No registration is required and the programs include games, songs and stories about different nature and natural history subjects each month. Learning and fun for preschoolers.
Bird Walk – Come out the third Saturday of the month (weather permitting) starting from the Visitor Center at 8 AM for a short bird walk. Birders of all ages and abilities are welcome.