UPCOMING 2019 EVENTS!
- January 1 – Christmas Bird Count: Bird inventory of the refuge starts at 7:30 AM at the Visitor Center. Everyone Welcome. Free hot lunch provide by the Refuge Friends Group.
- February 9 – A Celebration of Cranes
- March/April – Indiana Master Naturalist Class: Every Wednesday evening from 6 – 9:30 PM. Sessions on birds, plants, geology, wetlands and many other natural history topics. Great learning experience for adults – all for a small fee!
- March 16 – Wetlands Day: Guided wetland walks & tours starting from the Refuge Center
- April 13 – Earth Day Cleanup and Pollinator Festival: Join us for a Volunteer Work Day cleaning up the Refuge! Work starts at 9AM at the Visitor Center.
- April 20 – Family Fishing Workshop: Bring the family and join us from 9 AM to Noon to learn the fun of fishing, All equipment provided and no fishing license required on this day.
- May 11 – Wings Over Muscatatuck Bird Festival: A full day of guided bird tours, bird and nature walks, bird banding, live birds of prey programs, birdhouse building, kids activities, bird calling contest & the Duck Stamp Awards Ceremony
- June 1 – Take a Kid Fishing Day: 8 AM – NOON. Meet at the Visitor Center. Lots of fun fishing activities for the youngsters that includes fishing lessons, loaner equipment and free lunch
- July 20 – Butterfly Count: Volunteers will help conduct a ‘butterfly inventory’ of the Refuge starting at 9:30 AM at the Visitor Center
- September 28 – National Public Lands Day Workday: Workday for volunteers of all ages and abilities to help improve the Refuge. Starts st the Visitor Center at 9 AM.
- October 12 – Log Cabin Day
- October 13 – Big Sit Bird Count: Join volunteers spotting birds from the Endicott Observation Deck. Goes from dawn to dark. Arrive/leave as desired.
- October 13-19 – National Wildlife Refuge Week: The normally closed areas of the Refuge are opened for visitation and observation.
Nature Time Program for Preschoolers – Second Wednesday of the month (except summer). Learning and fun for preschoolers at the Visitor Center 9:30 – 11:00 AM
Bird Walk – Come out the third Saturday of the month (weather permitting) starting from the Visitor Center at 8 AM